Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Back to troop


A new year is upon us, and I am excited to get started!  A few reminders:

1.  Our first meeting is this Thursday.  Remember to be prompt because late girls cannot be admitted as per school security protocol.

2.  Thursday 9/18 is also Girl Scout Pride Day so be sure to have your girl wear her vest to school!  If she does, let me know so I can be sure to get her special participation patch from Council.  Better yet, snap a photo for me!

3.  Fall product sales are upon us!  I will have the girls' packets ready for this week's meeting, and sales start on October 1.

4.  Many girls are participating in the Colorfest Walk/Run on 10/11/14 at 10:00 am at Lake Rickabear.  If you plan to attend, register your girl on the GSNNJ website and shoot me an email letting me know.  I will have white t-shirts for the girls to wear that day and I want to make sure I have enough.

5.   This year we will do the World of Girls journey.  Each girl has received a copy of the guide book for this journey, so now is a good time for you to dig it out.  I will introduce the journey at this week's meeting if we have time, but the girls' won't need the books until the next meeting.

6.  Mark your calendar for the Cucinella Trunk or Treat on Friday, 10/24.  We will participate in this as a troop.

7.  Council is running its Annual Family Campaign to raise funds to bridge the cost gap between operating costs and funds raised through membership, product sales and program registrations.  Our troop has already made a small contribution as a group, but please consider making an individual contribution as well.  Information will be sent home with the girls this week.

Can't wait to see you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment