Sunday, September 8, 2013

Prep for Campout


Our first campout is less than a week away!

Everyone should have received the paperwork and some information in the mail by now.  A few reminders:

  • If I do not have your completed paperwork, your daughter cannot camp.  Please get this to me early this week so I can get myself organized.  If you hand it to me on Saturday morning I cannot promise I will have enough presence of mind to not lose it.
  • Girls who did not decorate their trefoil at last week's meeting - you know who you are - should get one to me ASAP.  I will work on our troop banner this week and all the girls should be represented on it even if they will not be camping with us this weekend.
  • There are going to be a LOT of girls there, and not much parking, so we must carpool to minimize the chaos.  Please have your girls at my house at 6:30 am on Saturday 9/14 and I will bring them all to the site.  Breakfast will be served immediately following check-in.
  • We will know on Thursday if we will be able use the pool, and thus if you need to pack bathing suits and towels.  I'll keep you posted.  Personally, I think it's been a little brisk for swimming....but that's just me.
  • Check out for day campers is right after dinner at 6:45 pm on Saturday at the outdoor Dining Pavilion.  Day campers can stay for the campfire (which I hope they do since they all have a part in our skit!).
  • Check out for Sunday begins at 9:45 am.  I will bring the girls back to my house and they can be picked up there, unless you need them earlier for some reason.
  • We will be doing our SWAPs after lunch, so don't forget to have your girl make a few more at home if she wants.
  • Troop 602 is working on their Silver Award and is collecting swim noodles, dive sticks and kick boards to benefit girls in need who camp at GSNNJ properties.  Feel free to send a donation with your girl.
  • What to bring:  a sit-upon, sleeping bag tied in a plastic bag, change of clothing, sweatshirt and/or sweater, winter jacket and/or lightweight jacket, PJs or sweatsuit, flashlight with new batteries, rain poncho and boots, hair brush or comb, something to tie back long hair, toothbrush and toothpaste, non-aerosol bug repellant, stuffed animal (optional), money for trading post (optional)
  • What NOT to bring:  umbrella, food or gum (except for those with allergies, contact me with any questions regarding this), iPod/M3P player/DS/cell phones/other electronics, hair dryers or straighteners, open toe shoes, irreplaceable clothing or other items, other valuables
  • Medications:  Must be in the original container clearly labeled with the camper's name and instructions for administration, a statement giving the first aid adult permission to administer the medication
  • The trading post will be open during the weekend, but it is completely optional.
Looking forward to it!

~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment